Impact our organization
today and tomorrow
- Your charitable gift will provide vital support for our projects, activities and goals
- You can enjoy immediate or deferred tax benefits for you and your family
- Your contribution will influence the well-being of others far into the future
Gifts of Insurance
A gift of your life insurance policy is an excellent way to make a gift to Union Rescue Mission. If you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose, consider making a gift of your insurance policy to Union Rescue Mission. For example, you may have purchased a policy to provide for minor children and they are now financially independent adults.
Benefits of gifts of life insurance
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- If Union Rescue Mission retains the policy to maturity, you can receive additional tax deductions by making annual gifts so that we can pay the premiums
- If Union Rescue Mission cashes in the policy, you will be able to see firsthand how your gift supports our charitable work
- If we retain the policy to maturity, or you name us as a beneficiary, once the policy matures, the proceeds of your policy will be paid to our organization so that we can use the proceeds to further our charitable work
How to make a gift of life insurance
To make a gift of life insurance, please contact your life insurance provider, request a beneficiary designation form from the insurer and include Union Rescue Mission as the beneficiary of your policy.
If you have any questions about making a gift of a life insurance policy, please contact us. We would be happy to answer questions that you have.
Please let us know if you have already named us as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy. We would like to thank you and recognize you for your gift.
You can also designate Union Rescue Mission as a partial, full or contingent beneficiary of your life insurance policy. You will continue to own and can make use of the policy during your lifetime. Your estate may benefit from an estate tax charitable deduction.
Your deduction for the gift of life insurance will depend on whether the policy has increased in value above the premiums and whether the policy is paid up or there are remaining payments to be made.